Review: COSRX One Step Moisture Up Pad (Limited Edition)

by - May 06, 2017

Hey loves!

COSRX One Step Moisture Up Pad Review Marymond Seoul Asian Beauty kbeauty blog korean


I'm back with another product review and this time, it's the long awaited COSRX One Step Moisture Up Pad! I came across this product while I was watching one of my favorite vlogger's video and at that time, the COSRX One Step Moisture Up Pad wasn't for sale globally. The only way was to purchase it in Korea at selected stores!

COSRX One Step Moisture Up Pad Review Marymond Seoul Asian Beauty kbeauty blog korean


So during my previous trip to Seoul, I managed to get my hands on one tub of COSRX One Step Moisture Up Pad and to my surprise it was their limited edition MARYMOND X COSRX One Step Moisture Up Pad! Hence the beautiful box packaging.

COSRX One Step Moisture Up Pad Review Marymond Seoul Asian Beauty kbeauty blog korean

COSRX One Step Moisture Up Pad Review Marymond Seoul Asian Beauty kbeauty blog korean

COSRX One Step Moisture Up Pad Review Marymond Seoul Asian Beauty kbeauty blog korean


Beside that, the price is relatively cheaper as well. Each of the COSRX One Step Moisture Up Pad is sold for 17,500won however this MARYMOND X COSRX One Step Moisture Up Pad is being sold at 16,000won only! Along with the beautiful tin box. I got mine from LOHBS.

COSRX One Step Moisture Up Pad Review Marymond Seoul Asian Beauty kbeauty blog korean

COSRX One Step Moisture Up Pad Review Marymond Seoul Asian Beauty kbeauty blog korean

COSRX One Step Moisture Up Pad Review Marymond Seoul Asian Beauty kbeauty blog korean

COSRX One Step Moisture Up Pad Review Marymond Seoul Asian Beauty kbeauty blog korean

COSRX One Step Moisture Up Pad Review Marymond Seoul Asian Beauty kbeauty blog korean
Pic: COSRX website

Of course, the excited me saw so many positive and amazing reviews for this product so I grabbed one tin to test it out.

DISAPPOINTMENT


That was the word that flashed in my mind as soon as I tried the COSRX One Step Moisture Up Pad. I've tried using it for about a week before i decide to write this review because, gurl- am I the only one feeling this?! 

Before you all come at me, let me explain a little about the product. *Note: I have Dehydrated-Oily skin

The COSRX One Step Moisture Up Pad claims to:

  1. A daily pad that contains hyaluronic acid to replenish moisture for all day hydration. 
  2. Regular use of pads will smooth the skin's texture, providing a perfect canvas for flawless makeup.

It definitely does what it says! It's EXTREMELY hydrating and my face feels quite smooth (after washing)

And it removes makeup really well! Definitely comes in handy if you're on travel or a long-distance car ride!

COSRX One Step Moisture Up Pad Review Marymond Seoul Asian Beauty kbeauty blog korean
After one wipe / After a few extra gentle wipes

However when I had the product on my face, it felt heavy and extremely sticky?! I've had tried various moisturizers and creams that left my skin sticky but this is just way off the stickiness charts. It felt sticky and heavy to the point that i couldn't stand it but to wash it off. 

It didn't absorb well into my skin. Is it because of my skin type? I have dehydrated skin however this product just doesn't work well on it.

COSRX One Step Moisture Up Pad Review Marymond Seoul Asian Beauty kbeauty blog korean

Still sticky after 1 1/2 hours? 

The pads are soaked with so much essence but not to the point that it was dripping which makes it very travel-friendly! Usually one pad can be cut in halves to avoid too any wastage. And you can always squeeze the pad after wiping it to get the excess essence for your neck and dry areas.


COSRX One Step Moisture Up Pad Review Marymond Seoul Asian Beauty kbeauty blog korean
Essence squeezed out of a semi-dried pad

COSRX One Step Moisture Up Pad Review Marymond Seoul Asian Beauty kbeauty blog korean

The essence does not leave any gleam however it does not absorb in to my skin? I find it extremely weird because when my other friends were using it, they were saying that it adsorbed well and didn't leave any sticky residue.

IT DOES NOT ABSORBS INTO MY SKIN AT ALL

Skin type:
All skin types. Works better on dry skin types. Oily skin types will have to watch out. (Although I have no idea why it does not work on my skin type: Dehydrated-Oily)

How to use:
  1. Using the embossing side, gently wipe the entire face, avoiding the eye areas.
  2. Flip the pad to the soft side and wipe the entire face once more.
  3. Close the lid tightly after each use to prevent the pads from drying.
When to use it:
The COSRX One Step Moisture Up Pad can replace your toner and essence in your routine! It's basically an all-in-one product so, +points for being convenient!

Cleanser - COSRX One Step Moisture Up Pad - Eye cream 

Scent:
Has a faint chemical/citrus smell.

Packaging:
Always remember to screw the lid tightly after using! It comes in a very travel-friendly size as well. Bonus for me that it came with the MARYMOND X COSRX tin box.


Pros:
  • Travel-friendly
  • Convenient
  • Pads are juicy (may use a few times or cut in halves)
  • Removes makeup very well

Cons:
  • Extremely sticky on my face
  • Does not absorb well
  • Faint chemical smell

Repurchase?
NO. It definitely did not work out on mine as it has worked out well for other people.

The verdict:
I can't say I like or dislike this product. It's more like a love-hate relationship I'm having with this product. It's extremely convenient for travelers and if you're often running around. But the no-go for me was that it didn't absorb into my skin. It feels way too sticky to use on a daily basis although I have dehydrated skin, my skin is usually rather oily. So the product didnt work well on my skin. I have yet to see any improvements on my skin complexion yet.

I found out that it sticks less when I use it before my makeup routine. Probably because of my setting powder but if I were to leave it on my bare face, it gets too gross.

After testing the product it's not worth the hype. I got extremely disappointed because everyone was hyping about how amazing it it. However I'll continue using this product (since I've bought it lol) on days I need extreme hydration or at night as a sleeping mask. Also I'll definitely bring this product around with me when I'm travelling! (for convenience sake ;;;)

So this concludes my love-hate relationship with COSRX One Step Moisture Up Pad.

Is anyone facing similar problems as me or is it just me?! What should I do? 
Please leave a comment!

Get yours at: Style Korean

See you~

You May Also Like

10 comments

  1. it seems such a good moisturizer, it even can remove makeup well. but such ashame tht it has sticky texture and doesnt absorb well on ur skin.
    followed u on gfc, mind to follow back?

    torichux3.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks dear! already followed you on Gfc!

      Delete
  2. Such a nice and interesting post!
    Would you like to follow each other? Follow me on Blog and Google+ and I'll follow you back!
    www.recklessdiary.ru

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ótima postagem gostei muito, ganhou um fã abraços.

    Me segue, que eu sigo de volta!

    http://nintudo.blogspot.com.br/

    https://plus.google.com/+NinTudo/

    ReplyDelete
  4. The packaging is so adorable it's a shame that it didn't work out too well. I can't stand my skin feeling sticky either so I feel you. Skin care is always tricky you have to try a lot of products before you can find the one that suits you perfectly~
    xxx
    She Will Be

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes i totally agree with that! however it takes such a long time to find the perfect one T_T

      Delete
  5. Doesn't sound like a quality product at all! Not every product is good for everyone too. You should keep looking. Love this honest review.

    Deedee

    http://madeupgirl-madeupgirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mellie! I think you're not alone. I feel that this product is too sticky too. I give mine to my friend but she said she likes it and not sticky on her face (her skin is normal type, mine is oily combination) Well, I think it depends on our own skin :)

    Btw, I followed you back. Keep in touch!

    Cintya,
    www.saycintya.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i thought i was the only one! thank you for dropping by and leaving a comment! :)
      let's keep in touch, Cintya!

      Delete

Leave a sweet comment