Review: April Skin Magic Stone

by - January 06, 2016

April Skin Magic Stone korean beauty product haul seoul



Hey lovelies~

Despite my craaazy schedules these days, i felt the need to update this post before it's too late!

I brought back quite a haul from Seoul when i moved back and from the haul, one of the products that i was dying to try was April Skin's Magic Stone. It's a soap that cleanses your face and also works as a quick clay mask.

This product has been the rave in Seoul. The video reviews from ulzzangs seem pretty convincing and hey, it's pretty much a makeup remover + cleanser + clay mask. Sounds good to me. There's no physical store for April Skin so i had to get them online for 15,000won.

April Skin Magic Stone korean beauty product haul seoul


The first time i tried cleansing my face with it i fell in love. It cleanses your makeup really well and leaves your skin bright and shiny. So i continued using it for a few more days and guess what

My skin started feeling irritated and peeling!

DISAPPOINTMENT

At first i thought it was the sudden weather change but no, i lay off the soap for a few days and my face was fine, no redness and itches but when i went back to using the soap, it came back again :(
The skin on my cheeks were peeling so bad it started hurting and my forehead grew itchier!

Conclusion is the stone was causing it. Mind you i have no allergies to any cosmetics or skincare products. I was very sure to pick the soap that matches my skin type (although it says for all skin type). And for days i have to suffer with really painful skin and couldn't put on any makeup. It's been 4 days since i've stopped using it and changed to another makeup remover and cleanser. Luckily my skin condition is getting better although it still hurts a little. Though it cleanses well, it's not suitable for me.

I can't believe i bought 2 pieces of those /tosses/

If any of you had used April Skin Magic Stone, please leave me your reviews as well~

*Note: It's my personal experience and honest opinion on the product. In no way i am slandering any of above mentioned brand/names.

***

Update 25 March 2016

As i have mentioned above, i bought 2 pieces of April Skin Magic Stone, i didn't want to throw the other piece away as it's pretty expensive so i actually started using it again! I dont know to dislike it or love it. I love that it cleanses my heavy makeup especially my mascara and liquid eyeliner but dang it's so drying!

I usually don't use them but when i do, i have a special way.

Firstly i would remove my face makeup with a cream cleanser. Then using eye/lip makeup remover, i will remove my eye and lip makeup. For the residues around my bottom lash line and eyelashes, i will use April Skin Magic Stone! Just a little. It removes my eye makeup really well and if i only focus around the eyes, it does not effect my skin condition around my cheeks/forehead. After removing, i will usually put on eye mask/patch to make sure it's doubly moisturized. Great way to not waste my other piece of soap isn't it? lol

I received emails and comments of those who encountered the same problem as me and so i shared my way of utilizing this soap! If you tried this method, please leave a review/comment if it worked for you~

You May Also Like

33 comments

  1. This LOOKS really nice, I might try it only because it looks so cute to me hahaha. But peeling? Girl... That ain't normal! D: Maybe you have to introduce it in your skin routine slowly?
    Junniku blog! (What I got for Christmas)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pretty much like a bar soap so it does get icky after getting it wet haha. ;; i'm a little afraid to use it again as my skin is still recovering from it

      Love, Mellie

      Delete

  2. interesting =)

    www.heykasumi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a shame~! I've never tried this before <33

    http://alluringalyssbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a pretty good deal but i guess it does not work for me :(

      Love, Mellie

      Delete
  4. A very famous ulzzang couple founded the brand April Skin...The brand is relatively new, so it's hard to get your hands on it! I hope that your skin recovers soon!!
    Jenny
    http://itsmeeejennyy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's still recovering slowly but it's definitely much better now :)

      Love, Mellie

      Delete
  5. Hi Melody! In what store did you get this soap at Seoul? Is it available in Olive Young or they have their own store? And how is your skin now? Hope it's getting better :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought it online while i was in Seoul :) My skin is getting better, thanks for asking~ :>

      Delete
  6. Thanks for your review! I kept seeing AD on facebook and I can't find legit reviews from videos or blog unless they were trying to sell the products or contacted to April Snow somehow. I guess the product is pretty brand new. By the description of the product, it does sound somewhat drying to me. Thanks again! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They usually have korean ulzzangs do reviews on them >< From the reviews they mentioned it was worth the buy but not that much to me haha ;;

      Delete
  7. I just received the magic stone soaps in my mail and like you I've got two of it. However at my first try tonight the skin around my nose area felt like it's burning after wash. It's too drying or the acidic level is too high. I don't have sensitive skin or allergies! I googled to search for similar experiences and I'm surprised to find others with the same experience. It's a huge disappointment!!! :( I'm using a thick layer of aloe vera gel application right now to soothe the painful burning sensation... :(((

    -Carine, Singapore

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope your skin gets better soon! It sure stings real pain doesn't it? It took me about 2 weeks to stop the crazy burning sensation after i stopped using the soap. TT

      Delete
  8. Mine as well! Just received both 2 types of magic stone yesterday evening, then at night after reach home from going out (im putting mild makeup before going out), i remove my makeup and wash my face using the original magic stone (the grey colour bar) and to my surprise my skin started to feel stingy and burning during the cleansing time wch makes me splash a lot of water to remove the foam from my skin asap. then few mins after that i can see my face slowly exfoliating like it contains a lot of drying agent. kinda disappointed at first, i was about to try once again tonight then i come across your review. I dont think i want to repeat tonight..such a waste :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i hope your skin heals quickly my dear! i suggest it's best not to use it anymore from now until you're sure that you wanted to give it a try again! Thank you for dropping by!

      Delete
  9. I almost buy this, but after read your review, I think twice. Because my skin is sensitive. :( It is new brand but the hype with many ulzzang reviews and ads show that this soap is really worth to buy. Thanks for your review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm on my 2nd piece of magic stone and i have sensitive skin as well. But i'm using the black version(day soap) as a night cleanser. I've use it every night without any issue. I will use a face washing net to get a lot of bubbles and let the bubbles sit on my face for 40secs before washing it off. In fact my skin have become brighter after using it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's great! i'm still unable to use it everyday because of my skin issue with this product but yes, i agree that it definitely brightens your skin!

      Delete
  11. Hello. May I know how do you keep the soap bar? Cos I'm thinking if I leave it like a normal soap bar, won't It be exposed to air and whatnots, which might cause irritation to my face? 😨

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep mine in a plastic soap bar box with holes at the bottom which i bought from Daiso! It has a lid on top so it keeps it from being exposed to air but it gets icky sometimes because the soap bar would start melting if it's soaked in water/moisture so be sure to dry your soap bar as much as u can before keeping it! :)

      Delete
  12. Hi Melody,

    Thank you for your review. I almost went ahead and bought this from Olive Young because of the raving reviews. Thankfully I read your review and stopped in my tracks.

    I'll forego this product. Have you tried Banila Co.'s Clean-It-Zero? It's all the hype here and I heard from my friends that it can clean makeup really well.

    Cheers,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have tried Banilla Co.'s Clean-it-zero a few times (stole them from my friend when i ran out of makeup remover) and it does cleans really well! But as i have not used them more than a few times, i am not able to review them properly. But so far, my friends said it's great! Maybe you can try it!

      Delete
  13. i think we should put extra moisturizer after using this soap. i'm using this soap as my cleanser. its good but like u said earlier, its make my skin dry.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Haiii.. Thats happen to me also.. First time im using the grey one it feels burning but softer..
    I have been trying it around 1 week. But i feel my skin become more dry.. Maybe i'll skip using the soap for several weeks..

    Thank you for sharing guys^^

    ReplyDelete
  15. AnonymousJune 29, 2016

    Finally, an honest and relatable review! Unfortunately, I've been experiencing the same thing as you are, my skin felt nothing but drier and awfully tighter after cleansing. It is such a let down for this product with all the hype the soap is getting. I somehow feel scammed ��

    ReplyDelete
  16. The first week I used the grey I had a breakout and burning rashes too. I rarely get pimples and my skin wasnt sensitive too. I've never use any moisturizer or skin care product. But after I start using moisturizer and sheet mask everyday my skin became better. Been using it for more than a month now. I read it from other blogs that the breakout was just a stage of detoxification that you need to keep your face moisture after using the soap. I'm not sure if I'm gonna buy it again but it does do a good job in cleansing. :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can I know.?? What product the mosturizer you use ? Sorry..broken english..if i use product like magic stone.. And i use diffrent moisturizer product.. Safe or not?

      Delete
  17. This was well informative! I actually bought both the Black and Original stone and have used them both, non-stop for half a year! I was actually hesitant about buying this product because there was only 2 English reviews about it. But I'm glad I pulled a dare devil stunt and went with it!

    If you're curious, feel free to check out my blog BigBeautyBudget.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi! does this soap really whiten your face? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my god.I already bought them. Both of it! But haven't tried it yet. Your review make me afraid to use it since my skin already breakout using local products. What should I do?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! My review is based on my skin condition. It varies depending on how your skin reacts to it. Some find it amazing while some doesn't. You may try it once and see how your skin reacts to it but please be careful!! If the soap made your skin feel uncomfortable immediately, wash it off immediately and apply your moisturizing cream to sooth the feeling then look for another alternative instead of using this product^^

      Maybe the product might work for you. you'll never know till you try it~

      Delete

Leave a sweet comment